Sunday, March 7, 2010

A day at the market




Woke up this morning to the sun shining bright, so decided it would be a great morning to ride my bike to church. It's about 12 blocks from my apartment, so I dressed in pants and a jacket anticipating it to be a bit chilly despite the sun, but lo and behold, about 5 blocks into the ride, I have to unzip my jacket and roll up my sleeves! How wonderful! On the way back from church, I stopped at Eastern Market - a fabulous outdoor food, craft, and junk market :) My favorite place to go on the weekends... if you're a young professional living on capitol hill, chances are you'll end up at Eastern Market at some point during the weekend, either sipping coffee at one of the sidewalk cafes, jogging through Lincoln Park, riding bikes along Pennsylvania Ave., browsing the artwork and antiques, or walking your dog. It's a great place and exactly what I imagined and hoped DC would be like when I moved here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment