Sunday, March 28, 2010

Birthday Part III + Kite Festival


Chris, Alissa, and Henry

Me attempting to fly a kite

Here we go with round 3 of the birthday celebrations....I really love March :) My dear friends Chris, Alissa, and their 3 month old ADORABLE son Henry came to visit me this weekend. They came on a great weekend because it was the Smithsonian Kite Festival and the beginning of the Cherry Blossom festival - will try to get good Cherry pictures this week and post. We did lots of walking and went to mass at the Basilica on Sunday. Henry was a doll throughout the weekend; I tried to convince Chris and Alissa to leave him in DC and come back another day to get him but for some dumb reason they didn't go for it :( The kites were beautiful - everything from a pirate ship to a giant fish, plus lots of squids....apparently a kite store had a sale on squid kites cause no joke, there were at least a dozen of them I saw throughout the day! My friend Jen met us on the mall and brought two kites - a butterfly and an owl - so now I can say that I flew a kite in the Kite Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment