Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday Part II

Jess, Kacy, and me
Rockin' the peace glasses....after going to a protest :)
My surprise friend from Ohio, Joseph!
My birthday crew - me, Matt, Tony, Sam, Kacy, and Jess
Lifelong friends
My official birthday weekend! I can't even begin to describe how much fun I had hanging out with my friends and meeting new ones. 3 Ohio friends + 2 new Virginia friends + 1 unexpected Kentucky friend = a birthday I'll never forget :) I spent the weekend celebrating my 26th birthday in our nation's capitol surrounded by sunshine, 80 degree weather, my best friends, a couple protests, and non-stop laughter. I discovered my talent for playing the bass in Rock Band - and my non talent at singing and playing drums! That's an understatement :) I got a call Friday night that my law school friend, Joseph, was in DC to supposedly visit his friends, but unbeknownst to him they were actually in Mexico and he wasn't supposed to come until the following weekend! Haha! So it was a great surprise that I got to hang out with him and catch up! He left Saturday but Jess, Kacy, Tony, Sam, and I hung out the entire weekend visiting DC monuments, shopping at Eastern Market, walking our feet off, protesting healthcare, playing Rock Band, watching movies, taking in the nightlife of DC and Virginia, listening to music (or covering our ears at Tony's musical choices), bouncing a pink swimming pool ball through the streets of Capitol Hill (thanks CJ!), and most of all, enjoying and celebrating my birthday to the fullest!

Thank you to everyone who made my 26th birthday one to remember ~ mom and Cara for coming 2 weekends ago; the festivities this past weekend; the surprise birthday party my neighbors threw for me; and I'm looking forward to more friends coming next weekend :)
Here are some of the pictures....more to come with stories attached!

No comments:

Post a Comment