Saturday, December 26, 2009

My favorite place in DC








The United States Botanical Garden now ranks as #1 on my list of favorite places in DC. It reminds me of being in Guatemala among the banana trees and jungle foliage. Ah I love it! I actually stumbled upon the garden by accident after parking near it. The outside temperature was so cold that I decided to cut through the building to get where I was going just to avoid being outside as much as possible, and lo and behold, I ended up "cutting through" the gardens for 45 minutes! The Christmas motif was stunning - bright colored ornaments hanging from the ceiling and adorning a magnificent tree, train sets running all over the place, and amazing sculptures of all the monuments and important places in DC made entirely from tree bark, twigs, and pieces of wood! There are also multiple levels of catwalks throughout the gardens so you can get different perspectives of the plants from various heights. I didn't have time to try them all out but I will most definitely be going back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment