Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Don't say ewww until you've tried it!

Today was my work Christmas luncheon and it was at a fantastic Belgium/French restaurant. I've never eaten that type of food before - except for Belgium waffles and French toast, but I've been told those don't count - so I was excited to try something new. I ordered the most delicious Flemmish Beef Stew made with a dark, Belgium beer reduction sauce. Words can not describe the fabulousness of that dish! I'm now on a mission to find that recipe and try it myself.

But, anyways, I deviate from the point of this post. The most delicious part of lunch was dessert (are you surprised??), which consisted of a hot apple tart with beer ice cream. Yes, you read that correctly - BEER ICE CREAM! The apple tart was just so so, but I really ordered it for the ice cream. I've never heard of beer ice cream, so figured what the heck, might as well give it a try at the Christmas lunch :) It definitely had a distinct beer flavor to it...almost like fermented yeast mixed with brown sugar.

So, to sum up my day --- beer stew and beer ice cream. Let the holiday parties roll :)

No comments:

Post a Comment