Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Oh yea!

Thanksgiving has begun! What better holiday is there than one filled with pies, food, games, crafts, family, and friends, all while spending the day giving thanks for our many blessings!?! I got a little creative this year and decided to spice up the pumpkin pie with leaf and pumpkin pastry cutouts around the crust. I'll let you know how it tastes tomorrow! :-)

In the meantime, I'd like to list everything that I am thankful for this year - in no particular order:

God, my awesome family, great friends in Ohio, the new friends I've made in DC, pumpkin pie, a job so I can pay off my student loans and save money to buy a cupcake car, my new apartment in DC void of crunchy snails clinging to my door and hopping bugs that are NOT crickets, IHOP's pancakes and hash browns, my legs cause I almost lost one this summer, being healthy, my cats even though they are in Ohio and I am not, the cartographer that made all the critical maps I use to get around DC, the Waffle House's waffles and coffee, being able to live in our nation's capital and see the monuments every day on the way to and from work, Christmas trees and pretty ornaments, pizza, the Today Show because it is where I first learned about cupcake cars ....and I'm thankful for lots of other things but this post is getting long!

1 comment:

  1. The Pumpkin Pie was outstanding!!! Yummy too!!!

    ReplyDelete