Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's a shame...

You know how some people say not to give money to homeless people because they will spend it on alcohol and drugs, and other people say be generous because of the Beatitudes in the Bible?? Well, how do you know which is correct? It's quite the quandary, especially after I tell you this next story....

I was driving out of a store parking lot last night around 7pm when I noticed a guy dressed in nice khaki shorts, a short sleeve oxford shirt, and leather boating sandals holding a cardboard sign that read "Need Help." He was standing on the side of the road at an intersection. Just as I pull up to the light, I see that man stand up, and walk to a nice SUV while another more raggedly-dressed man with a similar sign gets out of the SUV and goes to take the first man's place on the side of the road. As the men are passing one another, the first guy mimes "50" with his hands to the second one. I watch as the second guy holds up his own handmade, cardboard "need help" sign and then I look over to to see the first guy counting his wad of cash. Clearly a scam for money. I was infuriated! God knew that as well, because He turned the light green before I had a chance to roll down my window and tell them what I thought of their little scandal....and likely get shot! Grrrr I was furious!

No comments:

Post a Comment