Friday, June 25, 2010

Brownie Magic

Baking days with my grandma are so special because not only do I go home at the end of the day with multiple pies, I also always learn a new cooking technique. Today's lesson was on brownies - one of my favorite topics! My grandma received for Christmas the coolest brownie pan I've ever seen and it makes 18 perfectly cut brownies every time. So the pan itself is probably an 11 x 7 size, nonstick of course, with a removable bottom and a dividing-grid-thing that bakes with the brownies. Let me explain......first you grease the pan and the divider, then you mix your brownie batter, then pour into the pan, then place the divider thingamajig into the batter and put the whole contraption in the oven. When it's finished, you simply take the pan out of the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, remove the divider thingamajig (you now have 18 perfectly cut and equal brownie pieces), and then place the whole pan on top of a stand object thing and the sides of the pan slip down, leaving a tray of brownies. Voila! I had so much fun with this brownie pan that my grandma and I decided to make 2 batches.....along with 2 apple pies and 3 butterscotch pies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment