Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's 3 Kings Day!

Today is January 6th, a.k.a the Feast of Epiphany, a.k.a. 3 Kings Day, a.k.a. Donuts and Money day! Germans have a tradition of making homemade donuts today and placing a coin in some of them. It is good luck to get the money, which means lots of donut eating :) Since I'm not home today to enjoy my mom's delicious donuts (she makes the best ones coated in powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar and she even makes the little donut holes!) she sent me money to go buy a donut. I planned at the beginning of the week to walk to Dunkin Donuts by my apartment after work but then I went to Starbucks for hot caramel apple cidar and discovered miniature SPARKLY DONUTS! They were beautiful sitting behind the glass case and I decided right then and there that if the 3 wisemen had brought donuts to Jesus, they would have done it in style with sparkles, so I would celebrate with a sparkle donut in their honor today. 3 cheers for Jesus, the wisemen, donuts, and being German!


No comments:

Post a Comment