Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowpocalypse!





Snow has paralyzed DC once again this winter and I'm enjoying it just as much as before! For some reason the snow always comes on the weekend, which in any other city would be horrible because no doubt the streets would be clear by Monday, but thank goodness DC is clueless when it comes to snow removal, so I'm anticipating no work until at least Wednesday :) Prime example: Friday morning I'm driving to work at 9am - not a single snow flake in sight - and I pass a large road sign that says: WASHINGTON DC STATE OF EMERGENCY BEGINNING 9:30AM. What kind of place declares a state of emergency before it happens??? Craziness but I love it and I'm having a blast hanging out with my apartment neighbors. We hung out last night and went through 2 bottles of wine....this blizzard may turn ugly if we have to ration it. Ha! I woke up at 4am this morning to check on the snow progress and was so excited to see we actually got what was forecasted that I couldn't go back to sleep until 5:30am. I went outside at 10am and tried to make a snow-dinosaur but the packing snow was under about 6" of powder, so I ended up making a snow-turtle and then it snowed some more and turned my turtle into a manatee blob! I also made a fleet of snow-angels, but I have yet to figure out how I actually get up without putting a boot print in the angels stomach!

Okay, well back to playing in the snow :) More pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment