Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weekend numero uno in DC




Welcome to Washington, DC! Home of the White House, the Capitol building, lots of monuments, and excellent shopping....oh yes, I found the shopping mecca of DC - GEORGETOWN!! Now, moving from Columbus, OH to DC a mere 3 days ago, I was certain that no shopping in DC could possibly compare to the excellent shopping of Easton, Polaris, and Tuttle....oh me of little faith. My day started off apartment hunting on Capitol Hill, but after driving past the White House 3 times, fully circling Dupont Circle twice, going the wrong way on a one-way street, attempting to read my city map while driving (since there is absolutely no place to stop and read it), and narrowly missing a group of college students texting instead of paying attention to the crosswalk signals on George Washington University campus, I decided to head back to a place of comfort I passed starting out this morning....Georgetown! "M" has become my new favorite letter of the alphabet since Georgetown shopping all happens on M St. Imagine high-end 5th Ave. shopping in NYC + vintage college campus stores + chic boutiques, and you'll get a sampling of all Georgetown has to offer. And if that wasn't enough, there is an indoor mall disguised behind all the street shops - no joke! I would not have known the mall was there if not for asking a kind lady on the street where her Anthropologie bag came from. What a way to spend my first Saturday in DC :)


No comments:

Post a Comment