Monday, September 20, 2010

New Perspective


I'm on crutches now for the next week with a bum foot. I strained the tendons/muscle from my heel to the side arch of my left foot, although I'm still not quite sure what I did to it. My heel started hurting last week and got to the point where I couldn't put weight on it and was using only my tip-toes to walk, so Sam convinced me it was time to get an x-ray. The irony of going to Urgent Care is that a visit there is anything but urgent! I think my first mistake was filling out a "3" the little "pain chart" upon checking in....should have put more like 8-10 for amount of pain and perhaps then I would have been seen in less than 1.5 hours! That's how long we waited in the waiting room to go back and get x-rays and then after those were taken, it was another hour to read them. Thankfully I didn't have any broken bones, so rest, ice, and Advil for the swelling should be all I need to heal.

In the meantime, I'm realizing how crooked all the sidewalks in this city really are! I had a heck of a time walking to dinner last night trying to use crutches on uneven brick sidewalks, and forget about the sidewalks in front of my apartment! Whew! It's like trying to walk in high heels through a muddy field of dirt, crumbling cement, and grass stubble ~ when you're not sinking in the mud, you're stumbling on the cement or running into pods of tough grass! Now imagine doing all of that while balancing on one good foot and 2 metal sticks that are rubbing your armpits raw. Such a hazard living in the city!

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWW!!!!!!!! You should be a pro with crutches-
    ---remember your Sears Store incident?????

    Happy healing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with mom. shouldn't you be comfortable using them by now? just seems like yesterday you were using them because of a little strawberry on your knee !!

    Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, little strawberry / flesh eating bacteria....same thing. Ha! Thanks a lot Mr. Sensitive :)

    ReplyDelete