Sunday, August 8, 2010

Carpe Diem


Can you believe it??? I NEVER thought I'd see the day when I willingly chose to take a motorcycle ride. I still don't really know how to describe the feeling of being on one....for starters, me being the very claustrophobic person I am, needed about 30 minutes to just wear the helmet around inside and get used to the confined feeling of not being able to breathe, but after that I was fine :) Actually, when I first met Sam and he said he had a bike, I told him right away that I would never ever ride on it and he was fine with it. However, it wasn't until Sam was getting ready for a motorcycle trip with his dad that I was talking to my dad who said he would love to be in Sam's place getting on a bike and riding wherever the wind took him, that I decided to give it a try. So really, thank you to my dad for encouraging me (in a very indirect round about way) to give motorcycles a shot :) Haha! Dad's gonna love me putting this back on him :)

Anyways, after convincing Sam to take me for a ride (that wasn't as easy as it sounds since he's met my parents and I recall my dad telling Sam that I better never get on his bike, plus he is going to see them again in just a few weeks!) I said a quick prayer, hopped on the back, and actually found myself enjoying it! Sam got up to 40 mph before I started screaming it was fast enough, but hey, it was my first time. We took a leisurely ride through the streets of Arlington and McLean, VA and slowly I relaxed my white-knuckle grip to enjoy the wind rushing past. Ahhh.....it was fun and I would not be opposed to another 40 mph ride again soon :)

3 comments:

  1. So much for those convictions.

    Carpe Diem = Seize the Carp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing our minds is a girls' prerogative :) Plus, there are some carps just worth seizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colleen, as i mentioned in one of our phone calls this week i went trap, skeet and sporting clay shooting in michigan, while on vacation ,just to work on my aim. a little buckshot in the a-- might get the point across to a certain bike owner about how i really didn't encourage you to try it out. lol dad !!

    ReplyDelete