Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This is it!

The apartment was cleaned out on Saturday and I'm now officially back to being an Ohio resident! What a whirlwind weekend it was, and really into this week as well. Friday night, my wonderful mom, dad, sister, and my youngest brother all drive from Ohio to DC to help pack me up and shove everything in a 14 ft. UHAUL truck Saturday morning. I'm soooooo thankful for them and Sam because without their help, I'd still be in DC loading boxes! Ha! We arrived back to Ohio late Saturday night, then got up Sunday and it was an afternoon of unloading 3/4 my belongings into a storage garage and the remainder of everything at my grandparent's house, where I will be staying for the next 3 weeks until my apartment is ready. Oh yes, we get to do this all over again the beginning of February!

Saturday was such a bittersweet day for me.... ecstatic to be going home and embarking on new adventures, but very sad to leave behind my great friends who became my pseudo family for the past year. One of my neighbors brought blueberry muffins Saturday morning complete with a stick of butter for them since she knew my refrigerator would be empty, while another neighbor made hot cocoa and coffee and cranberry muffins, and still another neighbor helped load the truck...all this on a chilly Saturday morning! Every time I turned around, someone else was there to say goodbye and offer to help. With all the bad people in this world that we hear about on the news every day, there sure are a lot of genuinely good people.

So, I'm back in Ohio now getting settled into my new job and enjoying life surrounded by family and friends....the only person missing is Sam but he will move in 2 weekends :) I'm holding back on exploring any place that looks interesting until Sam comes....my list is growing long of things to do, but I'll give you a hint of what's to come ~ cement corn and a floor made of trampolines. Check out my new blog: www.livingtheohioway.blogspot.com if you want to keep following my adventures :)

Adios DC!

1 comment:

  1. And a Big Welcome, sweetheart, back to Ohio. Will follow your new blog, learning more new things about our Buckeye State. Best wishes on the new job that we know will be fortunate to have you as a part of its staff. Love you much.
    Mammaw/Papa Shaver

    ReplyDelete